Wimberley Home Health has provided exceptional medical in-home care for the residents of Wimberley and surronding areas since 1997. Our focus is to prepare you to get back to the life you knew prior to your recent accident or illness. We offer skilled nursing, therapies, (physical, occupational and speech-language pathology), social work, as well as home health aides. Our Home Health nursing staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, nights, holidays and weekends.
Wimberley Home Health was ranked in the Top 100 of Home Health agencies in 2015 by Home Care Elite. For you that means top notch medical home health care located and provided right here in your home town.
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Home Health Aide
We provide, but are not limited to, the following services:
- Anti-Coagulation Therapy
- Cancer Care
- Care for New or Exacerbated Diagnoses
- Coordination of Medical Supplies
- Dehydration Awareness
- Foley Catheter Care
- Influenza Management
- IV Therapy
- Medication Management
- Pain Management
- Stroke Management
- Wound Care
- Helping our patients avoid emergency room visits and readmissions to inpatient facilities
Who Can Benefit From Home Health?
- Those who have a medical need and have difficulty leaving home.
- Anyone 65 years of age and older, with a medical need.
- Those who have wound healing problems.
- Those who receive renal dialysis and need medical support.
- A person paralyzed from a stroke.
- Anyone confined to a wheel chair, or needing a cane or crutches to walk.
- Anyone blind, or senile and needing assistance in leaving home. Anyone having difficulty ambulating.
- Anyone who can not use their upper arms, therefore they can not open doors, windows, etc.
- Any person recently discharged from the hospital feeling weak, in pain, uncertain about dosage of medications, and unclear about their disease process.
- Anyone who has heart disease with such severity that he or she must avoid stress and physical activity.
- Any patient with a psychiatric problem that manifests itself so that the patient will not leave home or the psychiatric person may be unsafe if they do leave home.
Our Service Area
Our service area includes the cities of Blanco, Buda, Canyon Lake, Dripping Springs, Kyle, San Marcos and Wimberley. We provide service in the counties of Blanco, Caldwell, Comal, Guadalupe and Hays.
Medicare Pays 100% for Home Health Services. Most commercial insurances provide coverage for home health as well.
We accept the following insurances based upon verbal authorization with your provider:
- United Medicare and Commercial
- Blue Cross Medicare and Commercial
- Well Med
- Aetna Medicare and Commercial
- Humana Medicare
All other providers are subject to contract and are evaluated case by case.